Keep Your Home From Looking Like A Haunted House!
As the evenings start to become shorter and the leaves begin to collect on the yard, it’s a sure sign that fall is in full swing and that means that Halloween is just around the corner! With extra foot traffic on the streets as parents take their children from house to house, this is a great time to sell your home…. as long as it doesn’t look like a haunted house!
Follow our 6 simple steps to make sure that you only scare away trick or treaters and not potential buyers.
- Take a look at the outside of your home from the perspective of a potential buyer
- Check to see if the paint chipping or faded
- Make sure the windows are clean and the frames are in good repair
- Cut the lawn and rake the leaves
- Make sure the shrubs, flowers and trees are looking healthy
- Check to see if the sidewalks are clear of debris and in good shape
Once Halloween passes, we of course turn our attention to Winter – it’s never too early to get your home ready. Whilst you’re following our 6 steps, you might also want to take the time to look at these Winter tips too.
- Clean your fireplace, wood stove and chimneys
- Make sure smoke and CO2 detectors are working
- Schedule a furnace inspection
- Clean and cover outside condenser or A/C unit
- Insulate exposed water pipes and turn off outside faucets
- Check and replace weather stripping and caulking around doors and windows
- Check the roof for missing shingles and tiles
- Clean gutters for fallen leaves and other debris
Let us know if any of these tips helped you, or if you have any of your own that you’d like to share!